Berners Club ~ 'A place of resort for society, rest, study and recreation'. Opened as the Working Women's Club in Newman Street, in 1870 it moved to 9 Berners Street and changed it name. It was run by a committee that included Barbara Leigh Smith Bodichon and Frances Power Cobbe. Open 8am-1030pm, seven days. Fees 7 shillings a year, plus one shilling entrance fee per visit.
The Victoria Club ~ 25 Regent Street. Opened 1876.
This website is 'work in progress' and therefore pages may not yet be started, let alone finished.